Sunday, January 05, 2014

Black and White Wednesday #111-The Announcement

Print Friendly and PDF
Grandmother's Recipe Collage

I'm pleased to be hosting the 111th edition of Black and White Wednesday. The rules, history and host lineup of this event can be found here. Just briefly, the event is a culinary black and white image event. Just about anything goes that's culinary in nature or food related. Sometimes it's best to photograph your subject in color and convert to black and white/grayscale, sepia or cyanotype.

I will be accepting your images up to 10:00 am New York time on Wednesday, January 8, 2014. The gallery will be posted that afternoon (hopefully).

A few years ago, my husband's aunt gave us the entire recipe collection from his grandmother and great aunt. The recipes cover the gamut of dishes, meats, desserts, pickles-you name it and most were written on whatever piece of paper was convenient. Some are written on old checks, some on postcards, a few written in torn and tattered books of specialty recipes like the Fleischmann's booklet shown here in the collage above. I had hoped one day to go through all the recipes, reproduce them and photograph them to publish in a book to give to our Aunt June, but time passed and I kept saying I would do it whenever I finished this or that project.Sadly, she passed away Christmas Eve.



ALL CONTENT © CAFE LYNNYLU
Please do not use images or text without my permission. 

3 comments:

Martha said...

That is a treasure trove of recipes. I look forward to your making some of them especially when I can test them for you.

Soma said...

Just mailed you my photograph, but I see I am late :(

Lynne Daley said...

Get your apron on !

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.