Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Black and White Wednesday #133 Announcement and Some Black and White Images of Lindisfarne, Northumberland

Print Friendly and PDF
I'm happy to be hosting Black and White Wednesday #133 and since I'm just posting the announcement, you will have until Wednesday evening, 7pm New York time to email me your links and images. I will post the gallery on Thursday morning around 10am, New York time. Most of you who post on a regular basis are familiar with the specifics of BWW, but if you have questions, please read Cinzia's post

I have just returned from Northumberland in England and have so many photos to view and edit, but many are food related as we visited many stately homes and historic castles. One of my favorites was 
Lindisfarne Castle on Holy Island. The three mile island is close to the border of Scotland and is accessible at low tide by crossing sand and mud which are covered with water at high tide. We chose to drive and park nearer the village and castle,but many get a thrill out of walking the entire way. There are warning signs to visitors to keep to the path and check the tide tables as the island is accessible 3 hours after high tide until 2 hours before the next high tide. Despite the warnings, some vehicles get stranded and have to be rescued by HM Coastguard.
Lindisfarne Castle

Dining Area of Kitchen

Cupboard

The above images were converted to black and white by Topaz Black and White Effects 2. 

ALL CONTENT © CAFE LYNNYLU
Please do not use images or text without my permission. 

3 comments:

Chiara Giglio said...

fantastic pics Lynne!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Fabulous pictures! This is one of my favorite places on earth... Thanks for sharing your impressions with us.

Cheers,

Rosa

Lynne Daley said...

Thanks, Chiaro and Rosa, I do love this area of England too. I'm glad I could spend the week there!

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.